Friday, January 14, 2011

Searching for Enthusiasm

"At Oxford - to my surprise - I discovered Christianity. It was the intellectually most exhilarating and spiritually stimulating thing I could ever hope to describe - better than chemistry, a wonderful subject that I had thought to be the love of my life and my future career. I went on to gain a doctorate for research in molecular biophysics from Oxford, and found that immensely exciting and satisfying. But I knew I had found something better - like the pearl of great price that Jesus talks about in the Gospel, which is so beautiful and precious that it overshadows everything. It was intellectually satisfying, imaginatively engaging, and aesthetically exciting."

- Alister McGrath
  



     Enthusiasm is the inspriration of everything great. Abraham Lincoln once said that success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm. Christians cannot be unenthusiastic about our faith. When we stop searching for answers, that is when we are truly lost. The moment we stop treasuring our search for the truth is the moment we lose sight of the journey that God has placed before us. Becoming stagnant is unacceptable. Being content is hazardous.


Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment